What I'm cooking and eating

18 April 2024

A new approach to soap, part 2

This has worked, quite beautifully!  The soap, which we last saw in their moulds drying off in the airing-cup


board, hardened far more quickly than I thought it would, and I was able to turn it out yesterday.  Meanwhile, I tried using one of the washballs, and found it delightful, so decided to make some more as I had a bit of time.  They are currently hardening in the airing-cupboard (the original 5 are on the same plate, to make life easier!). 



Then this morning I decided the moulded soap was hard enough to cut up, and, behold - 16 bars of soap flecked with lavender and/or rose-petals.  


These can sit on the corridor cupboard to dry for a few more days, and next week I will wrap and label them, all ready to be given away!

As I still have a drawerful of ends-of-moulds and so on waiting to be used, I think I will use them up in these sorts of bars before making any fresh!


No comments:

Post a Comment