What I'm cooking and eating

13 August 2026

Aubergine, broad bean and cherry tomato salad, with burrata

 I hope this will be nice.  I think it will be.

1 aubergine (eggplant), cut into strips
1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
Frozen or fresh broad beans
1 burrata
2 tbs olive oil
Few drops balsamic vinegar
A bit of balsamic drizzle, if you have some

Put 1/2 the olive oil into a lidded frying pan and add the aubergine strips.  If you're using a spray bottle, spray the tops of the strips a few times, too.  Toss the strips to coat.  Now cook on a medium heat with the lid on, stirring every 5 minutes, for about 15 minutes until they are shrunkien and soft.  

Meanwhile, put the cherry tomatoes in another pan with the rest of the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar, and cook them on a low heat, shaking the pan from time to time, for about 10 minutes until they are about to burst.

Also meanwhile, cook the broad beans (if they are frozen, which is the easiest, shove them in the microwave for a couple of minutes).  Some recipes say to take off the inner skin, but then you are taking off most of the flavour, so we thought not.


When they are all cooked, mix them together, season to taste and maybe add a bit of balsamic drizzle.  Allow to cool thoroughly.  

To serve, add any more salad vegetables you wish - perhaps an avocado?  Or some cucumber?  Whatever you like. I ended up adding the end of a carton of olives (with peppers and garlic). Or don't bother!  Plate up, then place 1/2 burrato carefully on the top of each salad.  Serve with bread, or some kind of carby salad (we have couscous salad in the fridge, so I'm going with that). Meant to take another photo when I'd plated up, but forgot. But oh, the aubergine was lovely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment